The pictures above are from a booklet, printed by the owners of the Teahouse, telling the history of the area and the buildings.
The barn itself, formerly a tithe barn, dates from about 1590. The other buildings were added in the 1920s, when Commander A.W. Tomlinson bought Stocks Green Farm and turned the barn into a teahouse. In the grounds stood a windmill which had been brought from Sussex in 1926 (by a Foden steam wagon) and the sails were retrieved from a derelict mill at Sissinghurst. There was also a bakehouse where all the cakes and bread were baked, a boating lake, a pottery and a brickyard.In the 1930s, the ballroom was built and became very popular for Saturday afternoon tea dances and dinner dances. The Old Barn was leased by the Tomlinson family in 1993 for use as a night club. It was subsequently burnt down and later sold. The site now contains housing.
Below are a few more photo's of the buildings and grounds.